You can buy your own home with only $500 down. Qualified individuals can receive up to $6,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance. Down payment assistance is forgiven after five or six years of home ownership.
We can help with mortgage payments if you are having trouble. To be eligible you must meet all of the Rescue Funds guidelines. Those who qualify may receive a loan of up to 3 months of mortgage payments or as much as $5,000. Income qualifications and other guidelines do apply.
Call 614-221-8889 ext 134 to discuss this or other programs.
Listed below are some of the requirements to participate in Homeport’s Down Payment Assistance Programs:
- You must live in the property as your primary residence.
- The property must be located within designated areas.
- You must meet income eligibility guidelines.
- You must invest $500 of your own money.
- You must complete a HUD-certified homebuyer education course
Assistance funds are provided on first-come, first-serve basis and subject to availability.
- Franklin County Down Payment Assistance Program Guidelines
- Ohio Housing Trust Fund Down Payment Program Guidelines
- HUD Income Guidelines for the Columbus Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
- Down Payment Assistance Providers Chart